Thursday, August 14, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

Starched white shirts and good, worn denim cut offs.
Fine point black pens and clean white paper, thick and crisp; none of the cheap stuff.
Tulips of any color, but especially white.
Coral inpatients.
Dark red boots and boot cut jeans that fit.
The smell after it rains and the scent of fresh cut grass on a cool day.
The feel and taste of ice cold water as it slides across my tongue and down through my chest.
Eating crisp cucumbers like a banana...bananas with a tinge of green on the peel.
Cabernet.
The sound of nothing while perched at the top of the Rockies.
My sons who never cease to make me feel that amid all my faults and failings, I have done something extraordinary.
My Mom's spaghetti sauce.
Pickled beets, cold from the frig.
Candles...lots of candles (the Guitarist can attest to that).
While I am here, the Guitarist! And his faithful side kick, Lila' the ornery yellow lab.
Clay flower pots.
My big red sofa.
Clean sheets.
Good hair days.
Black shirts and pants and khaki shorts.
Cheap black flip flops.
High heeled shoes...okay, any shoes.
Gerbera daisies.
30 minutes of silence when I get home from work.
Anything chicken.
People magazine, and Cooks Illustrated and Cooking Light and Living Without.
The best neighbors on the planet.
A sister I also consider my closest friend.
Writing.
Entertaining for those I love.
Strong peppermint gum.
Organic almond soap.
Fabric softener fresh laundry.
My little cottage of a home.
People who are of tender spirit and heart.
A sharp, snappy sense of humor...and sarcasm.
Chicago Tribune Sunday crossword puzzle.
NFL football...go Redskins!
Eating gluten free and feeling healthy again!

Well I guess that was a bit more than a few of my favorites but whose counting, right!

No comments: