Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tired and crazy...

Well it has been one of those weeks where no matter how much sleep I get, I do not feel rested. In addition to Celiac, I have a thyroid condition and it was time to have my levels checked and in the meantime, my prescription had run out. As a result, I went for 5 days without my medicine before the doctor re-prescribed a new dosage. I picked up the new meds yesterday although I have been directed to take them first thing in the morning as they work better after fasting through the night...I woke up at 6:12 this morning and the first thing I did was open that bottle and chase the little pill with a gulp of cold water and before I could put my glass down, the Guitarist asked..."Do you feel better yet?" That guy just keeps me laughing!

Strangely enough, I could feel the difference in the way my body was functioning although I had no idea it was noticeable to the world outside, or even to him...Interesting...The man knows me better than I thought and after 12 years I guess he should. Once I had explained to him why I was so tired all week, his response was..."so that is what's been wrong with you." And in the course of our conversation, he made the comment that I am much more fun when I stay on my meds...Ha..Ha! I fired back asking if he was trying to tell me I'm crazy and he said, "well of course, but crazy I can handle...punked out and drained I cannot. It is not the real you"...Yes people, this kind of humor is the norm in our house. And it suits us both just fine.

As a result of my exhaustion, I have only cooked once this week and the cottage is in disarray as I did not do much at all which is, as the Guitarist said, not like me. I am a bit of a neat freak and given the fact our house is so small and we have a dog who sheds so badly I can barely go two days without cleaning the floors, it takes little to make our place look a mess. So today when I get home from work I am hoping to make some headway with the cleaning. I also need to start cooking again because if the phrase, 'you are what you eat' is true, it is only a matter of hours before my man turns into a hotdog. I just pray my energy lives up to my to-do list.

Or perhaps I will take a nap instead...

No comments: