Monday, September 15, 2008

Rest, renewal and the best guy ever!

The past few weeks have been especially difficult for me...My mother is not in good health and although I do not, at this point need to provide her with daily care, I do take her shopping, run her errands, take care of her finances and am the only go-to she has. Although I love her and am dedicated to her, the job is not an easy one. The load is heavy on my life and heart but it must be done and this I have accepted. I am typically fine but when other stresses of life present themselves, like they have lately, I can only hold out for so long until I cave like a soup can...meltdown like a candle...basically just crumble under the weight of what I need to carry for those I love.

And I did precisely that on Saturday night...the poor Gutiarist. He is such a caring and loving man. He listened to me rant and rave, cry and cough and sputter through my emotions and for the most part just said "I will begin to do more to help you"...and he did precisely that. On Sunday while I made brocolli and cheese omellettes for breakfast he made a list of chores and then went to task cleaning, doing laundry and trying to get the water out of our basement...Oh, did I tell you in the midst of all this, we have a small flood? Luckily, nothing of circumstance was affected but we could do a scene from "A river runs through it," though I doubt the ceiling is high enough to get a good cast of your fly...Anyway, my boy let me nap while he moved the furniture, swept up the dog hair and straightened the house. How special he truly is!

Today I feel rested for the first time in weeks and I owe it all to you, Baby.
Thank you~

No comments: