Monday, September 8, 2008

Apples, friends and a shout out to the 'Z' Family...

Have I forgotten about all of you out there? Rest assured, I have not, so do not panic, which should make me laugh as no one has even read my blog yet so I am really just talking to the voices in my head...but I am still here.

You see, my friend Autumn has come to visit and I have been taken in once more. She is enchanting and full of charm. She shows up on a whim and it only takes a few minutes for me to remember how much I adore and miss her when she is not here. She brings with her a comfort which reminds me of cashmere and homemade bread. She is bright and warm; serious and purposeful but all the while, moves with grace and elegance. She always looks flawless with her deep red and gold skirts flowing like wisps of fire on the breeze. You see, life looks different with Autumn around. She brings new life to my flowers long worn from the summer heat and the dog frolics larger and leaps higher when she is around; the world new but still familiar and I have to smile as my senses come alive with awe.

I have known her all my life. Yes, she is my friend...dear and true. She never lets me down or disappoints me even though she can change her tune on a dime and will vanish just a quickly as she arrived. You see these are all elements of her and I am her loyal companion...

Until she leaves again, Winter taking her place.


PS: A wonderful dose of gratitude to the 'Z' family for a great time on Saturday. Thank you for making me feel like part of your clan!



Autumn Chicken Apple Salad

8 chicken tender strips with your favorite GF poultry seasoning
cayenne pepper, a pinch
parsley, I used dried as that was all I had
onion and garlic powder, a pinch of both...about 1/4 teaspoon
salt and pepper
1/2 cup broken pecans
2 med diced apples
1 cup GF mayo or Greek yogurt


Bake seasoned chicken for 15-20 minutes at 350 and remove and cool. Chop apples (with or without peel is your choice) and put in large bowl. Break pecans with hands and add to apples.
Sprinkle with remaining spices and add hand torn, cooled chicken. Mix with half of mayo or yogurt and add more until it is the right consistency for you...I like mine a little on the less is more side and season with salt and black pepper to taste.

Chill for at least one hour and serve atop broccoli slaw or a crusty piece of GF bread.

YUM!

No comments: